There’s been a lot of finishing around these parts lately. I don’t know if I should admit it, but I believe I have a serious case of that rare disease, finishitupitis. In the days following the completion of Bee, I managed to finish off not one, but two projects.
This first has been mentioned before, most lately as a trouble maker that didn’t want seamed. I’d had it on the needles for well over a year, an absolutely ridiculous amount of time for a sweater knit on US 15’s! (To be fair, after sitting around for months, I completely ripped and restarted.)
Pattern: Leavened Raglan (Interweave Knits, Fall 2007)
Yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Aura + Cascase 220 Superwash
Needles: US 15 (10.0 mm) and US 17 (12.75 mm)
Verdict: I mostly like it. The seams really fought me, and I’m not completely happy with them, but I’m not ready to re-do. It fits, however, and is nice and cozy.
The second finish of the week has not yet been blogged. I started it a while back, but it hadn’t really reached the photogenic stage. And by the time it got there I was, um, finished.
Pattern: Delicato (Anne Hanson)
Yarn: Fearless Fibers Superwash Merino Wool Sock Yarn (colorway “Smoke”) – leftover from my Rococo Socks.
Needle: US 0 (2.0 mm) with a 00 (1.75 mm) for the final ribbing.
Verdict: I like these. A quick, enjoyable knit.
Now, on to the next thing. Or maybe I mean the previous thing – despite yards and yards (OK, miles. Literally.) of yarn (mostly laceweight) sitting around, trying its best to lure me, I’m still on this finishing kick. At this rate, I’ll be out of WIPs/UFOs by April. Like I said, a really bad case…