gauge, i think we have a problem

about a week ago, i finally got around to the second sock of my rococo pair. everything seemed to be going fine.

DSCN1675

until i pulled out the finished first.

DSCN1682

and took a really close look.

DSCN1683
(original sock on top. size difference highlighted for clarity.)

if it isn’t bad enough that i knit loosely to begin with – my gauge seems to have become looser since the first sock was finished! i was already using a us 0 (2.00mm). so now it looks like i’ll have to find some smaller needles. consequently, rococo is on hold again and i’ve had to turn to other knitting.

DSCN1672-Clue 2

finally, finally, i’m through the second clue of this past summer’s mystery stole. that only took how many months! of course, now i have the advantage of knowing what the finished design looks like. it seems to move really slowly – there’s 99 stitches per row and it’s knit on tiny (2.00mm) needles. however, it’s becoming more enjoyable. and it’s helping control my desire to cast on for every lace project i see. at the moment!